There are four buttons on the bottom of the program window. The leftmost button Add trial
opens a file requester and asks you for a .fly file.
Once a data file is chosen, the data gets displayed as a PSTH (20 ms bin width) to monitor the
action potential rate over the experiment at the upper diagram (orange traces). The file name
of the current data file is displayed above that diagram, too.|
The bottom diagram (red traces) shows the average over all yet loaded data sets. It gets
updated and newly averaged as soon as another data file gets
loaded by the Add trial button.
If you don't want to add a data file to your current average, chose the button View trial.
A file requester opens and asks you once again for a file.
This time the chosen data set will not get included to the average. The current trial will be
displayed in the upper trace,
the average without the current trial once again in the bottom diagram. Below the diagram and
right to the reset button the number of data files accounted within the average gets
The button Reset resets the current average.
The rightmost button Website opens this webpage with your browser.
If an update is available you will get notified about thatat program start.
Clicking on fly view in Simephys doesn't start the stardotflyviewer - what's wrong?
Probably the stardotflyviewer is not at its correct place. Make sure the directory named fly_view
(not only the binary!) is copied to the same location where the Simephys binary is installed to.
Note: V0.8 is still in rather early development state and may contain functional
bugs. Stability of the programm is rather good though.
Grab your copy from here:
V0.8 - Download (Windows x86 version)
V0.8 - Download (MorphOS version)
V0.8 - Download (Amiga 68k version)
V0.8 - Download (AROS x86 version)
At this early stage of development binaries for OS X (ppc or x86) and Linux are available upon request only, please mail for a copy.
V0.8 released on 20-01-2018
- new: diagrams autoscale now
- user interface rewritten, improved (e.g. responsive buttons) and adjusted to the SimePhys design
- internal code cleaned up and prepared for better future development
V0.4.5 released on 10-Sep-2015
- new update notification if online
- current file name gets displayed at the graph
- default directory is now the data directory of Simephys
- partly localized (English and German)
V0.4.1 released on 08-Dec-2013
- fixed a bug in the file selection requester
V0.4 released on 15-Nov-2013
- new: ready for direct launch from Simephys (starting with Simephys V1.0)
- fixed a severe bug in reading data files (part of data got trashed), now all data files get read in correctly
V0.3.1 released on 08-May-2013
- minor change on Windows version
- new: counter for added trials
V0.3 released on 01-Aug-2011
- initial release
10-09-2015 Documenation updated to 0.4.5
08-12-2013 Documenation updated to 0.4.1
01-08-2011 Documentation started